Switcheasy Visionclip2

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thearod, Jun 20, 2009.

1. thearod macrumors member

Anyone know a good store to get one of these at? They are sold out from the switcheasy website and I am desparate :eek:

2. Nanookfan macrumors member

I've been hunting for this as well but have not had any luck so far.

According to Switcheasy they will have these clips back in stock on the 23rd.

3. thearod thread starter macrumors member

I contacted switcheasy and they said they "hoped" to have them in stock by the end of June.. Yah, so now its 9 July and still out of stock. This is crazy! Its sucks that they make the only decent one that I can find to fit my Serpeant Rebel

4. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Either total junk, or was defective.

The ratchet mechanism on mine had zero resistance when attached to a belt and very little when just holding. I emailed Switcheasy about issue and was told to take a picture?? I responded back that physically it was fine, functionality wise it was not.

The e-mail mentioned something about a replacement or redesigned clip, which suggests I may not be the only one unhappy.

Haven't heard back from them since (few weeks now) and for now, they are on my 'do not purchase from list'.

Be happy it's not in stock...$14 would be wasted.

5. thearod thread starter macrumors member

Wow... thanks for your review. Pretty much the first bad stuff I have heard about the visionclip2. Are you using a different clip now? I saw a youtube review that you can use the revo clip with the Rebel case but its not a "perfect" fit. So I dunno what to do now

6. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

At the moment, I'm using an iSkin Duet...Solo plus matching case.

Maybe I got a bad one from Switcheasy, but their response to my issue was not what I expected. The Visionclip2 held the phone great, but the fact that it held all four corners made removing it from the holster a PITA. I think I swore more times and missed more calls with that holster than anything I've used. I have the Otterbox, iSkin and Seideo clips...all light years easier to use than the Switcheasy.

7. Nanookfan macrumors member

I just ordered one from Amazon yesterday, so I'll let you know whether or not I have the same problem. Hope it's just that the one you received was defective.

8. fullfrontal macrumors newbie

I was thinking about ordering one of these too, but from a video I saw, it seemed to be a hassle to remove your phone from it. I ordered the CapsuleNeo from Switcheasy so I was looking for a holster that may fit that case. Does anyone know if the Seidio Innocase II holster will work with the Capsule Neo? That seems like a sweet holster.

9. tjp888 macrumors regular

tjp888

Yeah, I've been emailing Switcheasy about the visionclip2 for the past 4 weeks, and they kept promising dates when they would have them in stock. Finally they promised they would have stock on July 9. So, again they missed their deadline. I ended up ordering it from Amazon. However, the item is not sold directly by Amazon, but by KY-Sales. They didn't indicate that they "actually" had the item in stock. So who knows. So far no shipment notification from either Amazon or KY-Sales.

I do like the RebelSerpent case that I got a few weeks ago from SwitchEasy.

UPDATE Friday July 10
    I just got this email from customer service for SwitchEasy:

Dear Customer,

The Vision Clip 2

arrival was pushed back to July 15-th. We made small adjustments to it, to made it even stronger, that is why the big gap in production..

Thank You

10. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Not even close. I have both.

11. fullfrontal macrumors newbie

Thanks. Maybe Ill get the Innocase as a second case just for the holster. :D

12. Space Ace macrumors newbie

I see as of today, 7-14-09, they are back in stock at Switcheasy. There's now a choice of 3 colors. Anyone know if the Capsule Rebel case can fit either way into the Visionclip2? Meaning screen facing inward or screen facing outward.

13. mercury66 macrumors newbie

mercury66

I got the Vision2 Clip on Saturday and have been trying it out with the CapsuleRebel....MY impressions:

- I like the way the phone fits inside the clip
    - Fairly easy to place the phone into the clip
    - I'm having difficulty taking the phone out of the clip. Its very difficult to use only 1 hand for this
    - The rotating clip seems OK. It does not "lock" into position, but that is fine with me

MS

14. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

These two points are why I gave it a big thumbs down. Poor design as far as I'm concerned.

15. tjp888 macrumors regular

tjp888

I received my VisionClip late last week.
    Overall the quality is good. I am using it with the RebelSerpent case.
    As some others have posted, it is a little tough getting the phone in and out. Unlike mercury66 I have more trouble putting it back in the holster, than taking it out.

I'm going to give it some time and see if I either get better at handling it, or the holster somehow "breaks-in" a bit and gets easier.