Switcheasy Vulcan iP4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by is300guy, Nov 2, 2010.

1. is300guy, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010

is300guy macrumors regular

I haven't seen any threads about the reviews on this case so far so I thought that I make one. But before I do, I like to share a bit of my history of what I have been dealing with as far as cases go:
    1. Bumper: nice but didn't provide enough protection as far as the back goes unless you got a clear protection for the glass back. but feels very loose without the aid of similar protections such as Zagg Invisibleshield and others like it. Does not fit 3rd party chargers.
    2. Speck candyshell: offers great protection but really bulky IMHO, plus the rubber-silicone type of deal was not working for me so had enough of that.
    3. Speck Pixelskin HD: It was just about what I was looking for as far as sleekness and quality but, I couldn't let go of the design on the back and the way it felt so moving on to the next.
    4. Incipio NGP: Great case. About the same as the Pixelskin HD but had a cool transparent design which would allow the apple logo to appear in the back (this was the case I was rockin' for awhile).
    Now, on to my main topic of discussion, the Switcheasy Vulcan: This case is by far my favorite.
    I am fan of switcheasy so I maybe a bit bias but oh well. this case offers "good" protection (by "good," I meant that it is a bit thinner than the Incipio NGP so drop shock may hold up but not as good as the Incipio NGP), it does not interfere or bubble up my PS anti-glare screen protector, the fit and finish is nice, it offers a transparent see through like the Incipio NGP but better, and handling the case is similar to the Incipio NGP but thinner and feels better in the hands compared to the Incipio NGP. The lip covers over the iP4 nicely and when installed, it wraps up the iP4 tightly with no loose ends. Whats best of all is that it fits 3rd party 30 pin charger connectors. I chose this case because I wanted that "sleekness" look to my iP4 and not wanting that sense of bulkiness to my iP4 so I went with the Switcheasy Vulcan. I also had this on my 3GS as well, so it was a no brainer to get this. If you guys are like me, this is the case that will do the job.
    What it comes with in the package: 2 screen protectors, microfiber cloth, squeegee, 2 sets of 30 pin dock covers and earphone covers, and a manual. "Everything but the kitchen sink."
    Here's the link for the vid if you haven't seen it and are curious.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAx82dKHY3Q
    **Edit vid says that it bubbled up his screen but results may vary.**

2. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

3. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

good review...although i think i prefer the capsule rebel.

4. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

The capsule rebel offered great protection but the style of the design was not in my taste buds...

5. nivekr11 macrumors regular

That was my favorite 3GS case. I have the rebel for the iphone 4, but may get the Vulcan. Vulcan is slimmer.