Switcheasy Vulcan vs Incipio NGP

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mattdo93, Dec 25, 2010.

?

Switcheasy Vulcan or Incipio NGP

1. Switcheasy Vulcan

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Incipio NGP

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  1. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Thoughts? Comments? Which one do you guys think is better? :cool:

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

SwithEasy Vulcan:

•Less protective
    •Slimmer
    •Glossy feel
    •Shiny look
    •See thru

Incipio NGP

•More protective
    •Thicker
    •Matte feel
    •See thru
    •Matte look

Winner IMO is NGP.

3. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

havent had a chance to try the new switcheasy vulcan....and im a huge fan of their cases,but this is one i didnt like much for the 3gs....showed alot of fingerprints.The incipio i do have and provides a nice texture without the fingerprints.

4. Sir Sensei macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I love both, but I like the grippy feel of the Vulcan personally. The NGP is pretty great though.

5. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Assuming you have the clear version of the SE Vulcan, does it turn yellowish after a fair amount of usage?

6. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Any reasons why the Incipio seem to be more favored?

7. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Vulcan 100%. If does not have a "glossy feel" as mentioned above. It's a TPU case, and more tack with grip. It's slim, it protects well, and looks great. It was my favorite case on the 3GS, and I love it on the 4 as well. Highly recommended.

8. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Thanks for the input guys. Quick question though: How are the qualities of the screen protectors provided by Incipio and Switcheasy? Are they good enough so that I dont have to buy SGP or Powersupport? :confused:

9. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

10. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I'd love to use the vulcan based on how thin it is but I'd much prefer a more low-key design. :/

11. vistadude macrumors 65816

I like the Vulcan better because it comes with a dock and headphone cover. On my older phone, dust went under the screen so I decided to try to do something about it. The vulcan is cheaper too.

Incipio does have good customer service though, and most of their cases come with a lifetime warranty. I did get a replacement case for a 2 year old case that broke. The new one broke after only 1 month unfortunately.

12. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Switcheasy's screen protectors are good quality. Many people use them and prefer them to other brands actually. With the case, screen protectors, and dock and headphone port covers included, you can't go wrong with the Vulcan.

13. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I can definitely vouch for these screen protectors as ive used many of them. However, i wouldnt prefer it over a Powersupport screen shield.

14. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

That's good to know :) Are they the crystal clear kind or the anti-fingerprint kind? :confused:

15. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

crystal clear

16. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

So my Vulcan came in a few days ago and I've had time to play with it. Here's my input.

Pros:
    • Looks awesome
    • Very slim, tight fit
    • Barely adds bulk
    • Very durable material
    • Included accessories go best with this case

Cons:
    • Major FINGERPRINT MAGNET
    • Although it says it's unscratchable, if you're wiping it with your shirt and your fingernail scrapes it, there will be an ugly and permanent scratch noticeable in bright light along with your fingerprints (happened to me)
    • Will noticeably bubble other screen protectors; that's why you should use the included Switcheasy ones.

Do I regret my purchase? Not really. Switcheasy's customer service is excellent. But for my next iPhone I'll probably get their Capsule Rebel :D I'll have pictures soon

17. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

What screen protectors bubbled up with the Vulcan?

I always thought that only the SGP protectors where thicker an all the others were the same tnickness(PS, Grffin, switcheasy).

18. King Luis, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011

King Luis macrumors 6502

whats a more protective version of the ngp?

the neo hybrid matte seems kinda weak on the protection side (thin back) and the otterbox cases are too intense and bulky.

ideas? (i'd want something that i can use the old style dock connector still).

ps. sorry for thread hijack.

19. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

No problem man. You can have the thread since my question's been answered. As for your question, the NGP is already really protective as it is. But if you want a more protective one that can fit your old dock then the Switcheasy CapsuleRebel and Switcheasy Trim may suit you. Not sure about the Trim but the CapsuleRebel is definitely more protective than the NGP and both the Trim and CapsuleRebel come with dock adapaters provided by Switcheasy.

Yeah it was my SGP UltraOleophobic one. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't realize that SGP's was different from the others

20. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Odd. I have the same one with my Vulcan and there's no bubbles on the corners. You might want to re align your SGP screen.

21. s54flexin macrumors newbie

Just recieved the vulcan...love the case but i have the PS front and back crystal shield and the case bulges on the sides and top

22. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

It's fine, I'm already using Switcheasy's included screen shields.

23. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I love my SwitchEasy Vulcan. just got it in the mail.

better than the NGP I had. thinner and better made.

24. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Don't worry.

I have never tried the SGP protectors myself, but most reviews I have read say they offer better protection being thicker than other brands.

I would love to see someone doing one of those mega reviews comparing all brands of screen protectors. They seem the same but there are some minor differences, like the way the camera hole is cut; some have single hole for camera and speaker while some are separate.