SwitchEasy

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Anthony81586, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

So after some serious disappointment with the Draco IV, I started looking into the Graft Concepts Leverage which seems like an awesome case. After further research I've read some seriously messed up stuff about chipping and wear on the metal band on the phone. I emailed Graft and haven't had the best experience with them.

Anyways, I stumbled on the SwitchEasy and I really like those cases. But, I'm wondering what cases people have from them, and how they've held up in the long-term and finally their customer service. So if anyone has some input I'd really like to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

2. Anthony81586 thread starter macrumors regular

Well since I had so many views and no responses, I took it as there are plenty of people interested in SwitchEasy but not to many owners (at least on these forums). So, I went ahead and ordered both the CapsuleRebel and the TRIM. They should be in over the next week or so and I'll potentially post some pics of both cases along with my thoughts.

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Well, by all reviews the Trim seems to be an excellent case, as well as the CapsuleRebel.

Tbh I avoid SwitchEasy like the plague at this point. I went through two CapsuleRebel Serpents and a CapsuleNeo with my 3GS. They just deteriorated over time and SwitchEasy was no where to be found on the customer support area. By deteriorated, I'm referring to the silicone like, TPU inset, it always deformed after about a two month usage period and the frame just wouldn't pin it down properly, it deformed and just looked terrible. Though I will admit, when the cases were new, damn they were nice :eek:

Could they have changed? Sure, but I don't plan to ever give them another penny. At least Amazon was gracious enough to cover me with returns when SwitchEasy just didn't care.

Could their non-existent CS been a fluke? Sure, but you only get one chance at a first impression.

4. Anthony81586 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your response. You did say that it was for your 3GS? im assuming it was a year or more ago? Hopefully theyve changed, I'd hate to have the same experience. I'll let you know my impressions. The other thing was the price, aesthetically speaking with the amount of extras, you just really cant beat...but I suppose if the case is garbage then thats all moot. Again, hopefully theyve changed and I have a better experience.

5. TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

I have the Nude in clear and I like it but it has no drop protection (based on many reviews), just scratch protection because it is so thin but I love it because it looks like I don't have a case on it.

Just FYI, I have dropped the phone once with the case on and it is still fine with no cracks so it does protect against small drops but nothing big.

6. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

I have had the colors for 1 year + for ip4 & ip4s and I love it. Its always the case I come back to because I like the soft case style. Only problem is the jelly bean home button will trigger siri if the phone is in your pocket and you're in a constricted position.

7. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Switcheasy is easily one of my favorite companies.
    I first discovered them when I had my 3G.

I found their customer service to be excellent. I had a problem with "sagging" on the bottom of my Capsule Rebel. All they asked for was a few pictures of the problem and then they sent me a replacement.

I noticed with the iPhone 4 they finally reinforced the bottom part around the speakers which stops the sagging issue that was found on the 3G.

8. lokiju macrumors 6502

I have one on my 4s and so does my wife.

For some reason mine seems to not want to stay down on the very top of the phone.

Causes dust to build up over time and seems like a scratch risk with the sandpaper like conditions that creates.

This is the rebel all black.

But my wifes isn't like that.

Was thinking of taking a hair dryer to it with it off the phone to see if I could get it to hold in the down position like it should.

9. Anthony81586 thread starter macrumors regular

Other than that issue do you like the case? Also, like one of the previous posters have you tried taking pics of the issue and showing them to customer support? If for no other reason then to see how they are? I would.

10. vietalogy macrumors 6502

11. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

I had the Capsule Rebel for my 3GS and loved it -- held up really well. I actually just got a Capsule Rebel for the 4S and am liking that a lot, too.

That said, I did have to call them once with a question about a product, and they were really useless -- went to no effort at all to find out the answer.

12. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

I don't use cases anymore, but the last one I used was the SwitchEasy Capsule Neo for the 3GS and it was great. The case was pretty much standard, but what I really liked was the fact that they provided two thin silicon protector sleeves to go between the case and the phone, headphone jack protectors, USB port protectors, a small stand for the phone, and a screen protector. The case held up over the year that I had it.

The only issue I found was that the SwitchEasy logo on the back of the case was slightly raised, so the phone could never lay truly flat on its back.

13. Hmm macrumors regular

Hmm

I had the Capsule Serpent for my 3GS and it was great except for the sagging. They sent me a replacement, but it started to sag as well. I think the design just lent itself to that. I still like their stuff and got a Trim for my 4S and I'm really liking it.

14. Anthony81586 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the input everyone. My cases shipped today so next week I'll post up some pics and give my take on them.

15. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I like SwitchEasy for including extra accessories like headphone jack cover, and dock connector cover, 2 screen protectors.

16. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I use the Switcheasy Vulcan, and it's my favorite case I've owned.

17. lightbreeze macrumors member

I have the CapsuleRebel on my 4S, no problems so far. Had one on my 3GS, and it eventually had the saggy bottom issue, but the one for the 4/4S is possibly made from a stiffer plastic. Not as rubbery/sticky as the 3GS bits, and less flexible. I don't really like the raised back, though-- doesn't allow the phone to lay flat.

18. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

Rebel was my favorite case for my 3GS. When I was selling it there was not one mark on the phone so protection is superb. Same with iPhone 4. I am currently using it on my 4S but it doesn't fit like it should: it partially covers the mute switch. So I have to order one compatible with 4S. Does anybody want to buy used rebel for iPhone 4? :p
    One thing that I really like about switcheasy their screen protectors are the best.

19. iToNe24 macrumors regular

i was thinking of getting the same case but worried about the camera flash .. the case does not have a black rim around the cutout like many other cases, so i was worried about flash back from glare on case which would cause pics to look washed out .. guessing that is not an issue for u and this case