Switched back to Mac!

surferfb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
I just switched back to Mac. Although I grew up with Macs, I switched to the dark side right before I started college. Now 5 years (and 4 Dells) later, I've switched back.

Since I live 3 blocks from an Apple Store, I walked down on Friday to look at the computers, and after some soul searching over the weekend, I decided to go with the iMac. On Sunday I bought a desk, put it together, and then walked over to the store and came back with the 20" 2.4 Ghz Al iMac. I love it!

I don't know why I ever left. I owe a lot of people on this board thanks for providing me with the information I needed while I was lurking. I thought I'd have buyer's remorse (I usually do after big purchases), but no remorse here. So thanks everybody!

Finlandboy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
welcome back, :D

and congrats on the new imac, thats the one i plan on getting in a few weeks,

oh and ur lucky u live next to the apple store, i wish i could walk to one :(

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
I don't think buying a Dell can ever be forgiven, though.
Sometimes, getting a good hard kick to the stones, is just what you need to appreciate NOT getting kicked in the stones. - So welcome back to Apple. :)

That said, Smell has a better "good LCD" hit rate with me than Apple. 2/2 Imacs had a few dead pixels. 3 LCDs from Smell, and note 1 dead pixel among them. But (#*$ the rest of their product line.

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Sometimes, getting a good hard kick to the stones, is just what you need to appreciate NOT getting kicked in the stones. - So welcome back to Apple. :)

That said, Smell has a better "good LCD" hit rate with me than Apple. 2/2 Imacs had a few dead pixels. 3 LCDs from Smell, and note 1 dead pixel among them. But (#*$ the rest of their product line.
Yeah yeah, and HP makes decent printers, but their PCs are on par with Dell.

surferfb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
I don't think buying a Dell can ever be forgiven, though.
Haha, I know. I did it when I was thinking of majoring in Computer Science. That lasted about one semester. And to be fair, I only bought one of the Dells, the rest were replacements after they died. That mistake won't be repeated :D

Tom Sawyer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
There is nothing like the opening of a shiney new Apple product be it iMac, iPod, iPhone, iHoochieMcFloochie... whatever.

Enjoy your new purchase and a computer you'll enjoy using! :D

toru173

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2007
It's nice, but I have a feeling it's going to be easy to spend too much money there.
We don't even HAVE an Apple store in Australia. When I was on holiday in Tokyo I went to Akihibara, and I swear I spent a whole DAY in the Apple store. I've even kept the SSID stored in my DS, in case I need to go back ^_^