Switched from Apple Cinema, Lost Speakers. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sammyman, Apr 16, 2015.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I have a 2009 Mac Pro and I recently went to a couple Dell monitors and lost my speakers. In my office I have an Apple TV hooked up to a nice surround sound system. The only problem, is my Mac Pro doesn't support Airplay. Also I don't want to run a 30 foot cable from the headphones into my receiver.

One thing I'm considering is hooking it up to a Sonos Play 5. I already have 4 sonos speakers and love them.

Any other ideas or suggestions? It would be nice to take advantage of my surround system (which would mean no sound while working and watching movies which is ok).

2. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

3. TMacGuy macrumors member

I'm on a 2008 Pro. My Apple TV shows up under sound settings in System Preferences as an output. Maybe the same for you?

-TMacGuy

Attached Files:

4. ZombiePhysicist macrumors 6502

ZombiePhysicist

The BEST USB speakers on earth... But make note, you have to change the settings in the MIDI app to set the output to 24bit, 96khz output.... why because thats their native output. they are sick. and so is the price...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GC8THKI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1