Switched from silver 6 Plus to space gray 6S Plus, replace watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by docprego, Oct 1, 2015.

1. docprego, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

docprego macrumors 65816

Ever since I got my new iPhone in Space Gray I've been thinking about how my watch no longer matches it. So I've been thinking about selling it to get something that matches. I wouldn't get another Sport Watch as I have hated the screen protector battle I've had to deal with on my Sport (they constantly need to be replaced and are needed as the screen isn't made of sapphire glass.)

So that leaves me with the Apple Watch to choose from but there is no Space Gray. How well does the black stainless steel coordinate with a Space Gray iPhone 6S Plus?

Another idea was to buy a skin for my current silver Watch to make it match my space gray iPhone. Anyone skinned their watch?

2. playaproved macrumors 6502

I'm now using a Space Black Stainless Apple Watch with a Silver 6S Plus, after coming from a Space Grey Sport Apple Watch and Space Grey iPhone 6. I haven't thought twice about them not matching anymore. I do match my bands and case when possible.

3. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Your phone is in your pocket. Your watch is on your wrist. Why would you try to coordinate the two?

4. Nell macrumors regular

I have a silver aluminium watch and a grey iPhone. It honestly hadn't occurred to me to worry about whether they match or not. I would have bought a space grey watch if it had been a similar colour to the phone, not for matching reasons but because I like the grey of the phone. I don't like the space grey watch though.

I change my watch strap depending on what I'm wearing (not necessarily to match, more not to clash in a bad way and I use my Milanese strap if I'm dressed up) but I don't wear my phone so why would that need to match anything?

#baffled

5. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Although I have a SG 6+ and I have the Sport SG watch it was because these were my preference. I did not feel a need to coordinate. The SG watch with BSB looks good enough to wear anywhere. It is also a lot darker gray than the phone is.

Don't worry about them matching. No need for it.

By the way I do not use a screen protector on my sport and my screen looks just fine.

6. Donoban macrumors 6502a

Donoban

I srs can't believe this a concern for someone, but man, I'm glad it's something you have to tackle. LOLZ.

My opinion, forget the colour coordination, just go for what think looks nice.

7. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I'm sorry but this is the definition of a first world problem. My Apple Watch doesn't match my iPhone, lol

8. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

Gold watch, gold wedding band, gold belt buckle, gold iPhone, gold macbook, gold infinity. I feel the continuity works well for me. That said there is going to far, wouldn't paint my house gold, or do all gold fixtures in my home. If you want to match, go for it.

9. jpgr15 macrumors 6502a

Definitely replace the watch.. Then paint your living room to match.

Kidding ;)

Do whatever you think looks best. Might want to hold out for 2nd generation though.

10. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Honestly the closest "match" to the Space Grey iPhone is the Silver sport, since the Space Grey iPhone has a silverish back and a black screen. The Space Grey watch is much darker than the phone.

The alternative would be a space grey or space black watch and then get a matching sport band / silicone iPhone case if you really want them to match.

11. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Color matching is just so 00s, but go with what make you happy, if that included matching gray phone, watch, cap, jean, t-shirt, shoes, and sock.

12. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123

May this be your biggest problem in life.;)

13. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I understand where the OP is coming from though. I specifically switched from gold to space grey to match my space black Apple Watch.

14. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

15. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123

image.jpeg
    I agree ;)

16. Scarlet Siren macrumors regular

Scarlet Siren

Space Grey phone in black leather case and SS gold with black silicone band. Works for me! :)

17. Nell macrumors regular

Not convinced it's 00s as much as 80s (the very worst decade for style, IMO).

18. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

I use to own the iPhone 5S in Gold but decided to switch things up this upgrade and go for the iPhone 6S Plus in Space Grey.

Purchased a SS Space Black AW to match. Some people don't care if their accessories match or not and some people do, I think I'm one of those people who like to match stuff lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. SHKLMRE macrumors regular

I just went from a space grey 6 plus and SG AW to a gold 6s plus and the new gold sport... absolutely love it. I eve have a gold case on my iPhone to even continue the color matching. it's very nice. people definitely notice the matching they they has about my apple watch.

20. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123

That's a real boss combo!

21. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

Haha thanks.

Shame that the iPhone's back is Space Grey and not Space Black lol. But I'm still ok with that. If Apple ever releases a Space Black iPhone I'm all over that!

22. Enygmatic macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

Intentionally not matching looks psychotic IMO

23. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Also true.

24. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

And this is where I stand too, I greatly prefer to have my devices match. What I did was order a black band for my silver Sport Watch. That will make the Watch face match the Space Gray 6S Plus and the band will coordinate with my iPhone worlds better than the previous white band my watch came with. It'll look very close to your combo except the body on my watch is silver.

It all comes down to personal style and preference. Some people couldn't care less if their devices match, I'm just not one of those people.

25. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

I ended up buying a black band for my silver watch and it all coordinates nicely now.