Switched HD's and restored from Time Machine backup - apps broken

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 0dev, Sep 18, 2010.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

As the title said, I've upgraded my HD and restored my system from a Time Machine backup, but now I'm having trouble with some apps either failing to open (when I click them, I get message saying "[app name] quit unexpectedly"), or some apps opening but then coming up with the same error when I try and click anything - these apps also drive the CPU usage right up while they're running.

I've already repaired my permissions but it dosen't seem to have fixed the problem.

Any help?

2. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Anyone? I just checked out the crash logs and it seems to be a problem with com.apple.main-thread.

The apps I'm having problems with are quicklookd, Software Update, iChat, iPlayer Downloader, and iPlayer Grabber. I literally *just* downloaded iPlayer Grabber and it's still crashing in the exact same way iPlayer Downloader did - in fact, all of those apps are crashing because of com.apple.main-thread.

Would it help if I posted up the full log? Is there a way I can repair my installation or something?

3. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Have you tried wiping the drive again and run the Restore process again, sounds like something did not get restored correctly on the few apps you are speaking about.

4. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Yeah, looks like it might be my only option. I'll have go make my backups work properly first, though, Time Machine seems to be a bit screwed up.

...Though, if I restore it from new backups (which I have to do since TM already wiped my old ones automatically without asking me), won't the problem just come back again?