Switched to Android, Now I am back (VZW iPhone 4 Question)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeff_siler, Jun 23, 2011.

1. jeff_siler, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

jeff_siler macrumors 6502

So this week I switched to sprint to try out their flagship EVO 3D device. It was impressive but still not as fluid as IOS on my previous iPhone 4. I have decided to return to Verizon and it has caused a new dilemma.

Verizon is changing their data plans and I need to lock in unlimited data. Does it make sense to use my upgrade now to lock it in with an iPhone 4? I suppose if the next iPhone is impressive I can just sell my current iPhone and pay the difference.

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

What's the alternative? If it's pay less now vs pay less later and it'll be similar amounts, it's generally better to pay less now.

3. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Sure, if you don't mind paying full retail when the iPhone 5 comes out and just sell your iPhone 4, then I'd say go for it. That's what I'm planning on doing, actually. I already have an iPhone 4 (black) off-contract that I gave to my wife so she'd be locked into Unlimited data. Then I used my upgrade to get a white iPhone 4. Depending on how nice the new iPhone is when it comes out this fall, I'll either upgrade at full retail or I'll keep the 4 and wait for next year's version.

It's amazing to me how well the iPhone 4 still holds up, even after a year! Sure, it doesn't match up spec-wise with the latest Android phones, but the user experience is still better and the screen is still amazingly good! And with iOS 5, it's going to be even better!

4. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I'm curious, how did you switch to sprint and get the EVO 3d? The reason I asked is that it had just become available for early purchasers who are premier customers yesterday (and they weren't available in the stores, they had to be ordered). Since you said you just switched to Sprint then you weren't a premier customer so you couldn't have ordered it early and since they aren't for sale yet in any stores I'm just curious how you got a hold of one.

5. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

Why did you even bring the evo 3d in to this thread its obvious you never owned one. Are you saying that you switched to sprint and got an Android phone that has not been released to the general public and instantly took it back after spending two seconds with it? Don't put android in your post if it has nothing to do with it.

6. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

I received the EVO 3D Wednesday. I ordered from another premier members URL that was available on a few android forums. The order went through and I received it next day.

7. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

I did receive the EVO 3D via premier from sprint.

8. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

9. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

Cellphoned?

10. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

That's not the way Sprint Premier works. It isn't a url that you go to. You have to have an account with "sprint premier" status. It shows you your account status when you log into your Sprint account, and also that is how you order the phone early (through your logging into your Sprint account). And it is based on your line, so it isn't something that you can just "go to a url" you found on a forum. It just doesn't work that way. I know because I was a Sprint Premier customer and was offered different phones early before I recently switched to T-Mobile. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I have to call BS. You didn't get the phone through Sprint Premier because your story doesn't make sense. You said you switched to Sprint, if you just switched to Sprint you wouldn't be a "premier" customer and thus wouldn't be able to order phones as a premier customer (because your account wouldn't be "premier" status). You couldn't order through a "premier url" because there's no such thing...the Sprint Premier program is tied to a specific line and can only be used once. So at this point, based on how you explained getting the phone early, it's obvious that it isn't true. Not sure why you'd go through all this just to denigrate a phone you've never even tried, but that is just sad.

11. jeff_siler, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

Seriously my man, why don't you believe me?

(Link to premier)
    http://www.sprint.com/ftbredbud29/

(Proof)
    [​IMG]

12. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I stand corrected, I guess since I left Sprint has added a way to order through the premier system without having to log in anymore. I don't mind being wrong :). However I still find it a bit odd that you return a phone after having it for not even a full day. Doesn't really make much sense to me. What would prompt such a short visit?

13. jeff_siler thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is why.

- Sprints service was terrible at my work and home.
    - 3G data was running at about 1-200Kb/s
    - Build quality on the EVO 3D is nowhere near even the iPhone 3GS.
    - Touch Screen is so much more fluid on the iphone
    - Much prefer the safari browser even though it doesn't use flash.

14. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I know what you mean about Sprint's network, that's why I switched from them. On T-Mobile I'm getting 7-10 megs consistently and sometimes as high as 12. On the other hand Sprint was giving me 3 megs on "4G"...lol my nexus S on Tmobile got faster speeds than that and it wasn't even a "4g" device.