Switched to Mac! Which programs from PC are compaired to a Mac program?

lilskaterpunk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
Switching over to a Mac :apple: and im so use to PC programs. From my list below, can I get some help of which programs to use for Mac but are similar to the PC programs.

IMGBurn
InternetDownloadManager
DUMeter
WinRAR
Global Scape CuteFTP
Screamer Radio
MSN Messenger - Adium?
UltraISO

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks! :)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
All via a search engine with the attributes "mac os x" appended.

Comment

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Switching over to a Mac :apple: and im so use to PC programs. From my list below, can I get some help of which programs to use for Mac but are similar to the PC programs.

IMGBurn -> Use bootcamp, imgburn is still the best (toast can work, but I have better luck with imgburn)
WinRAR Zipeg
Global Scape CuteFTP CyberDuck
I use the above, there may be better options.

Comment

IeU

macrumors member
May 1, 2011
Sorry for bumping, but i was also searching for an alternative for DUMeter (and by doing so, found this thread), which was also a monitor and, for me very important, a logger (log the data (DOWN/UP by day,week,month,total). I found this, which is way superior then DUMeter and all others alternatives for MAC.

Check out: http://codebox.org.uk/pages/bitmeteros

And is working great in Lion!

Comment

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I believe what you did is called necro-posting, resurrecting a "dead" thread. The previous poster did a "bump", adding a post to a thread without adding information just to get it to rise to the top of the list (momentarily). The latter is frowned upon in most forums, more so than bringing a thread back to life. Adding new insights to old threads can be useful to others sometimes.

Anyway, glad you got it to work.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.