Switches Spaces freezes computer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kdum8, Jan 4, 2011.

1. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

I recently upgraded to 10.6.5 from 10.5.8. Ever since then I have had a problem with spaces. The problem is as follows:

When switching Spaces, there is the onscreen graphic along the bottom, telling you which space you just switched to. However, sometimes when switching spaces on SL 10.6.5, the graphic will stay there and wont disappear as it should. When it just stays there, the entire keyboard stops working because Mac OS X still thinks I am performing the Spaces switch. A logout is required.

I am running 10.6.5 with all updates applied.

I searched for this problem both on MR & on google, and although it seems that I am not the only one with the problem, I can find neither a cause, nor a solution.

Does anyone have any ideas/fixes for this? It happens a lot & is a real problem...

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

3. kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Thanks for the information. Amazing that we are on 10.6.5 and it still isn't fixed! At least I am not the only one though...

I guess there is nothing to be done except put up with it....

4. psedog macrumors newbie

I must be lucky then, because I've been using Snow Leopard since it came out with four spaces the whole time and not once have I had the graphic stay on the screen.

I have a 2008 Macbook with a 2.4ghz C2Duo and 3Gigs of ram.

I do have a different snow leopard issue with my Mac Mini in my car. It's an original core duo running snow leopard.

Good luck with your issue just the same.