Switching 16GB IP4 to 32GB IP4??

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
I purchased the 16gb IP4 on Tuesday and so far I love everything about it (even with the antenna problem I have). I would like to upgrade to the 32gb. My gf wants to take over my 16gb and go buy a 32 gb for myself. My question is, if I wanted to switch my number from the 16gb to 32 gb once she buys it do I need to get a new sim card? I haven't downloaded anything on the 16gb yet besides my contacts. I was wondering if it would be possible to switch from 16gb to 32 gb between the two of us? If so, do I need a new sim card for the 16 gb?

tmerritt530

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Kansas
You put your current sim in the 32 and you are done. The 32 will come with a sim card just put that in the 16. You can swap sim cards around all day.

Comment

101AirAssault

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
You put your current sim in the 32 and you are done. The 32 will come with a sim card just put that in the 16. You can swap sim cards around all day.
It is this simple but......
If you really want the different phones to show up on your accounts you need to contact at&t and have them swap the phones other wise your phone will show up as a 16g and hers a 32g.

Comment

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It is this simple but......
If you really want the different phones to show up on your accounts you need to contact at&t and have them swap the phones other wise your phone will show up as a 16g and hers a 32g.
no you can update this yourself online under your account

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.