Switching "Alt" key and "Option" key functions in Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by edshaw1000, Apr 24, 2009.

1. edshaw1000 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new Mac mini, and have attached to it a Logitech keyboard that was (a) designed for Macs, and (b) worked just fine with my old G4s. It has an "Alt" key (with Mac's "squiggly square" symbol on it) and an "Option" key (with the "Windows" icon on it). Previously, my cut-and-past function (for example) used the "Alt" key (e.g., Alt + C for copying; Alt + V for pasting). Now, with my new mini, the functions of these keys seems to be exactly reversed. Same with the "Select All" routine: Used to be Alt + A, but now it's Opt. +A. I supposed I could relearn the functions; but I'm wondering if there's any way that I could switch the functions of these two keys and restore my keyboard's operation as it was with my G4s?

2. Illicit macrumors 6502

I'm not sure as to the layout on your keyboard, but if you're operating in bootcamp, a program called InputRemapper will sort it all out for you. I don't know of a similar program for OSX.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58373

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

On a Mac, you can remap command keys by going to :apple: -> System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard -> Modifier Keys.