Switching App store account country

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by melapple, Dec 29, 2017.

1. melapple macrumors regular

The App store account on an Apple TV also determines what TV app appears on the Apple TV.
    Now when I switch to an iTunes account for a country where the TV app is not yet available, the TV app disappears from my Apple TV. Switching back to the US iTunes store the TV app sometimes fails to reappear on the Apple TV. Short of rebooting the Apple TV anyone knows how to force the TV app to appear?

2. Michelasso macrumors 6502

Michelasso

I had the other problem around (I'm using 11.2.5 beta). I tried to add an icloud account I have, tied to the UK, leaving my main Italian account there. The TV App appeared, but I couldn't use any service (BBC and the like) because geolocked. Even Prime Video was useless from the TV App, but it worked naturally starting it as a normal app.

Removing the UK account (and logged into the Italian one) the ATV 4K was stuck with the UK region. I tried various things and nothing worked. So that I finally had to reset to factory settings the ATV 4K. Awful experience.

I hoped it worked like in the PS4, where you log with an account but one has still access to all apps downloaded from all other accounts. Maybe it does, but I have got so many issues that I don't feel like trying again.

3. jeevestobs macrumors newbie

You can log out of your iTunes account and log back in for the TV app to reappear. Theoretically, you could still restore your Apple TV to tvOS 10.2.2 (if it's not the 4K model), but then you'll lose all tvOS 11 features and you won't be able to install apps requiring the latest version of tvOS.