Switching apps to Word doesn't work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macTW, Feb 13, 2017.

1. macTW Suspended

Hi all,

First off, the thread title is misleading. Using Command-Tab allows me to switch to Word. I haven't found anything online with the same issue, so I decided to post here about it.

When I'm in any application besides Microsoft Word, such as Adobe Reader or Safari, if I have an open Word document, clicking on that Word document doesn't switch applications like it does for Safari and an open window. The only way to switch to Word is either Command-Tab or click on the top margin of the Word document, where the document editing tools are. This is extremely annoying and nobody online nor at the Apple store (or even Microsoft customer service) could help me.

Thanks!

2. macTW thread starter Suspended

Bump. Still having this issue. Have had it for years.

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Mine is the same way. If I remember correctly, I have come across several programs that do that. I just learned to live with it. Same as when you minimize a program, then command+tab back to it and it doesn't show on the screen but shows in the finder. That used to drive me crazy until I retrained myself to always command+H instead of minimize. That was just a habit from my Windows days that I had to break.