Switching Back to Verizon... Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdwingnut, Nov 28, 2008.

1. jdwingnut macrumors regular

I have to switch back to Verizon. I'm not to happy about this as I really like the user interface of the iPhone.

I'm looking for any suggestions and ideas you may have about switching back. This is not easy for me at this point :(

I should note that this primarily due to work in that I need to use a Windows environment for syncing calenders and task through Outlook and tasks is not supported on the iPhone. At the moment I'm looking at either a Palm or a Blackberry PDA.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Get a blackberry storm to alleviate some pain.

3. jdwingnut thread starter macrumors regular

I've considered the Storm, but have not been overly thrilled with the reviews. I need to go play with one.

I also have to swallow the early termination cost as well as the cost of the new phone. OUCH :eek:

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I played with the Storm the other day and its not that bad. If the iphone wasnt out the storm would be the hottest phone out now. Yes you do have to click on the screen but it is actually pretty smooth. One good thing about your switch is that when the Alltel / Verizon merger goes through you will have the best service out there. I have had all three and alltel was the best where im from and then verizon was second. The ONLY reason I switched was just for the iphone. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Definitely a BlackBerry. The Storm is neat, but like you I have heard too many bad things, and very few good. I would look around my Verizon store if I were you. Test out a few models and consider the pricing and decide on that.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

7. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Curve for sure. I got the storm the day it came out, I returned it 3 hours later because I couldn't stand it.

8. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Centro

I have a Palm Centro on Verizon. Palm os is old and stale, but the Centro works and is very reliable and stable (unlike the treos since the 650). Blazer (the browser) is pretty much limited to mobile sites, but the email is great (snappermail) and I think the design is good.

9. jdwingnut thread starter macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me if the Blackberry will play Flash content when browsing seeing as how the Palm is limited to mobile websites.

10. rustyb99 macrumors member

I would stay away from palm, you have to pay for you're email client seprately and they really haven't done anything new thats worthwile. Go with the blackberry. either the curve or the 8830. I did use the storm and liked it but seems like you are not leaning towards it.

11. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

12. synagence macrumors 6502a

The only reason the BB storm is getting a rough ride is that its a gen1 product when a gen 2 product is its direct competitor...

The original iPhone had a lot of slack because it kinda was a game changer (as much as i don't want to sound fanboi) and didn't have a direct challenger .... the BB storm will of course improve its software and become a smoother experience and will continue to develop but right now it just feels very rough compared to iphone

Having tried a BB storm (albeit briefly) i really didn't like the click screen.... just didn't feel right

13. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

I would go for a classic Blackberry such as the Bold or Curve.

14. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Why? If you still have the phone:
    A) Sell it. The market for any iPhone 3G (unlocked or not, but at least jailbroken!!!) is HUGE.

If you don't have it, try to get someone to take over your contract. Or use a website like ones listed here to get someone in some remote location to take it over for you.

Just my $0.02