Switching bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacLilja, Jul 31, 2015.

1. MacLilja macrumors regular

Do you think switching bands often might be bad for the band and watch? I have one band for training and one for the rest of the time and I swich about 3-4 times a week. Could that ware out the band or watch?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Maybe after many, many band changes, but that should be far down the road.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple has stated that their leather bands aren't water resistant, and they know some people will swap them out for the sport band for exercise purposes on a daily basis. Any isolated manufacturing defects would be covered for as long as your watch is under warranty or AC+.

It's safe to assume they'll hold up to such wear and tear.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Is it time for me to bring up my brown leather loop band again?:p

I have washed it with the watch, many times, and the "leather" shows no harm from what I can tell.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yeah, I know. A little water that's promptly wiped off isn't going to hurt it (otherwise, we'd all have to get a new pair of leather shoes every time it rains).

What Apple meant is it isn't ideal to wear them during profuse sweating while exercising on a daily basis, or perhaps shower with them like some members are doing.

6. jmikhail490 macrumors regular

jmikhail490

I'm hoping they last through daily wear and tear. I wear my LL at work then switch it to my Link once I get home for the rest of the night when I'm usually out doing other things. I switch it every day and I love doing it cause it personalizes it so much for your specific occasions. So far so good though!

7. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

To prolong the watch strap's middle button, I would suggest as you insert the strap into the channel when putting the band on, that as the strap's middle button gets to the case edge you depress the middle button as you ease the rest of the strap on the case. A gentle depress I'm sure is better than forcing it down as you slide across.

8. friedmud macrumors 65816

Well... I'll let you know if something goes wrong. I switch them every day. I've had the Watch since the very beginning and I haven't noticed anything bad occurring from switching bands...

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I bet if you switched 3-4 times a DAY the :apple:Watch would be technically obsolete with a battery that won't charge sitting in the back of a draw long before the strap mechanism wears out.

10. jimkraz macrumors newbie

I have had my Space Grey Aluminium watch since beginning of May, not a scratch on case or glass and I have worn it every day since receiving it, work in the garden, messing about in the shed, helping my missus about the house, not a mark.