Switching between apps - app has to always rerun

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Retko, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Retko macrumors newbie

I use a lot of switching between apps, not some big apps (I guess), just browser, reader, dictionary, wikipedia. They have to rerun all the time. It takes like 5 seconds, not too much one might say, but it is, and its annoying.

I am using IPad Air (not 2). Guess 2 would be better. But what can i do now to make it fast and better memory management.
    Throw me some technical stuff. System apps, cydia tweaks with jailbreak etc.

Thanks

2. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

3. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

You can't tweak memory out of thin air. If you launch an app and there isn't enough memory, it has to remove something else from memory to make room. On desktops, you have virtual memory and swap space, so if you open too many things it just gets slow, but the iPhone does not have a swap file, so it has to either free up memory or apps start crashing.

4. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

That happens to me on my iPhone 4S when I'm running a Running app with GPS + Spotify + Bluetooth to my headphones. If I switch too much it freaks out. But my iPad can handle it because it's newer. It's just a limitation of the device.

5. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Its the RAM iPad Air 2 has double the RAM so i can keep many apps in memory. Buy it its a beast!