Switching between iTunes Accounts

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by thatoneguy82, Feb 26, 2014.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I have multiple accounts on my ATV (3rd gen) but in the past several months, I've noticed that when switching to one account from the other, I become stuck to the switched account. Basically, I can't freely switch from one to another; the option to do so is greyed out. After a couple of hours or so, I can freely switch again but the same thing happens again if I do the switch.

I have 3 ATVs (3rd gen) and they all do this. Anyone know the cause of this and if there's a way to fix it?

2. Otago Lad macrumors member

I've had this issue too and it really bugs me. The whole issue of multiple accounts and how iTunes/aTV/Apple handle it is a PITA. I have UK, New Zealand and USA accounts and having to switch between them for updates to apps and watching cloud saved media is a mess.

3. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Good to know I'm not the only one.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a "bug" or if it's something that's "meant" to exist. But if it is the latter, what could be the purpose of it?

The only time it really bugs me is if I accidentally switch to an account or if I need to watch something on another account.

4. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Well, it seems like it's somewhat fixed with 6.1. It still grays out, but it becomes available after a couple of minutes.