Switching between phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Dec 31, 2014.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I have wanted an iPhone 6 and something the size of a 6 Plus too... but didn't want to pay full price for the 6 Plus. My son got a One Plus One for Christmas and it is actually pretty nice assuming we don't need customer service (donning flame proof suit now;). Anyway, I decided to order one for myself too since it is the size of a 6 Plus and I see that content seems cheaper in the Google Play store. This will mostly be used for content enjoyment. My question is, if I want to switch between the two phones, can I just move the sim back and forth as I please? It comes with a tray for nano sims and micro sim which it uses. If I can't switch easily, I'll just tether it to my iPhone but it might be nice to just carry one some of the time.

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I move back and forth between my 6 and 6 plus all the time. Just swap the SIM cards and you are good to go.

The above thread will fix the iMessage if needed.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks all!!

Newton's Apple... having a 6 and a 6 plus sure would be perfect! Enjoy that!:)

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i thought t101 said he wanted to switch between the iPhone and a one plus one. i misunderstood and thats why i mentioned the iMessage thing

if you switch sim cards between an iPhone and a one plus one you will need to deregister from iMessage or the one plus one won't get texts..

to me the post didn't say he wanted to switch between iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 +

i recently switched my brothers iPhone 3gs to a iPhone 5.

i replaced the sim card , cause it was only a cent, and cutting the sim would of been a hassle when you can just switch sims by calling customer service

anyway it took apple like 5 hours to activate iMessage, even with trying to deregister it

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

You had it right! It is the 6 and one plus one. I was just saying that he has the perfect scenario with both:). Thanks for the iMessage help. It will be important.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Personally, if I were in that situation, I would just leave iMessage completely off, unless there's some compelling reason you want to use its features over standard SMS. Otherwise, you're gonna have to do the iMessage on/off dance each time you switch phones, which might not be worth the hassle.

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Switching SIM cards would not work since I believe the One Plus One used MicroSIM while iPhones use NanoSim. If the One Plus One uses NanoSim, then deactivate iMessage in the messages setting and then swap.

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

But it has a tray for a nano sim too.. So can't I just use that tray? It does use a micro sim.

----------

I don't think I would switch on a daily basis. Maybe one a month or something... I would tether most of the time for data.