switching between user accounts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zoran, Nov 30, 2008.

1. zoran macrumors 68020

How can log in another account i in Leopard without logging off the account im already in?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Turn on Fast User Switching in the Accounts pane in System Preferences under Login Options

3. spazattack674 macrumors regular

In System Preferences, under "System", go into "Accounts". At the bottom of the list to the left part of the dialog, there is a button that reads "Login Options". Click the button, and at this point, if your computer requires, hit the lock button at the bottom of the dialog to make changes. Then, the last option is "Enable fast user switching". Enable it, and select one of the display options. Depending on your settings, you will see an icon at the white bar at the top of your screen where the time is displayed. When you click the icon, just click the login window option and you will be brought to the login window without having to log out.

4. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

thanx guys i got it!

oh and one more thing now that i found you guys handy. :D im trying to transfer a file from one account to the other. All are admin accounts so i put the file from admin1 account to MacHD/Users/Admin2/Public/DropBox, then i shifted to Admin2 account and tried to drag n drop it to Admin2 desktop, the file came through but its folder has the little STOP icon on and i cant open it cause i dont have enough privilleges.
    Whats wrong?

5. spazattack674 macrumors regular

Ummm, I probably won't be as much help, because I've encountered a similar problem with being able to access files and didn't know what to do. Make sure the files you are sending aren't read only. Right click the file/folder >Get Info>Sharing and Permissions (at the bottom), and add the other user as a read and write privilege.

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

got it again! thanx man

7. spazattack674 macrumors regular