Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
On AT&T with an 1UP iPhone XS MAX and was checking on Verizon’s website to see about switching with BYOD and the IMEI is rejected and the device is not compatible. So what do you all think? Phone too new? Verizon’s site stinks and I would probably only have luck going in the store? Lastly, the AT&T XS Max does not in fact have a CDMA radio in it or is locked down?

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
AT&T direct iPhones are gsm only, if you had gotten an unlocked iPhone you’d be ok

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
AT&T direct iPhones are gsm only, if you had gotten an unlocked iPhone you’d be ok

With this years iPhones that shouldn’t be the case. Only a single model for the US market unlike previous years. They can work on all carriers.

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
With this years iPhones that shouldn’t be the case. Only a single model for the US market unlike previous years.
Correct, that’s why I was surprised it gets rejected. So I’m leaning towards the phone potentially being too new.
[doublepost=1537656391][/doublepost]
It’s a 1UP iPhone straight from Apple, not contracted.

zmon

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2013
Louisiana
That would be something to ask Verizon/AT&T, give it a week or so. We have one model sold here now instead of multiple models in the US that supports both GSM and CDMA, unlike the previous generation where the Verizon models would have a Qualcomm modem that supported CDMA while the AT&T version had an Intel model that didn't support CDMA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.