Switching Colors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jakedonahuee, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Jakedonahuee macrumors regular

I want to know what the easiest way to switch colors is, I bought a gold iPhone 6s Plus and decided that now I want black. I know I sound greedy, is there any way to sneak by the 50$ restock fee? Or is there another option? Any insight would help so much. Thank you.

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

from what i know, a swap is to a similar phone which is ie. gold to gold. if you want a different color, i guess the best way is to refund and purchase a new black one. Unless, you could be nice and possibly get an approval to swap to a different color.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

Return the phone and purchase a new phone in the color that you want. Any restocking fees should be paid as there is nothing wrong with the phone that you currently have. Its not the stores fault that you are indecisive.

4. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

If you bought from Apple, there is no restocking fee.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

That is correct but since he specifically mentions the $50 restocking fee I think its safe to say that the OP did not buy from Apple.

6. Jakedonahuee thread starter macrumors regular

Don't get cocky with me dude.

7. chrfr macrumors 603

Whether it's cocky or not, you'll either need to find someone to buy your phone and buy another, or return yours and pay the restocking fee or ask the reseller if they would waive the fee.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

LOL. Yes I am sure you will be able to talk them out of the fee with that attitude!:p

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

No one got cocky with you so loose your attitude. The only reason you don't like my response is because you are trying to game the system.

Part of being an adult is taking responsibility for your actions.

10. Jakedonahuee thread starter macrumors regular

I am taking responsibility. You said "it's not the stores fault that you're indecisive" that's pretty cocky. I'm not trying to cheat the system, I called customer support and they said I should be fine to go in and trade it in, have a black one mailed to me and get the fee waived and not need to pay a down payment on the 64. Thanks to everybody who actually helped.

11. brand macrumors 601

brand

Trying to get out of paying what one rightfully owes is gaming the system. Just because you don't agree with factual statements does not make them cocky.

12. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Maybe he isn't an adult. :)

13. Jakedonahuee thread starter macrumors regular

I would of gladly paid fees.

14. brand macrumors 601

brand

I must have been confused from what you said below in your OP. That is not what someone would say who would gladly pay fees.

15. Jakedonahuee thread starter macrumors regular

Simply asking if I can avoid it.

16. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

That's why it's vital you know what Colour you want before ordering. Each year i switch colours. I have the rose gold now so will get the space grey next year. Easy has pie

17. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Exactly. Also, own your choice. If you choose a 6S then stick with a 6S, and if you choose gold then stick with gold. Sending back a perfectly good device which cannot then be sold as new just because you can't decide on the colour is a bit crap.

18. Jakedonahuee thread starter macrumors regular

I apologize, but I'm also not the only one.

19. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Absolutely. A ton of people swap between the two sizes and plenty change colours.