Switching Family Plan from Verizon to AT&T Pre-Order Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackie1998, Oct 6, 2011.

1. jackie1998, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

jackie1998 macrumors newbie

So my family (4 lines) is hoping to switch from our Verizon account to new iPhone 4Ss on AT&T. Was hoping to preorder tonight, but I had a few questions if anyone could offer any help.

1. How does transferring numbers work? I was planning to preorder online through the Apple Store rather than AT&T's website. We all want to keep our old numbers and want to make sure we'll be able to do that while preordering.

2. What about closing out our Verizon account? I'm assuming our "first month" on AT&T doesn't start until our phones activate, but we were wondering if our existing phones will work until our iPhones arrive even if we're preordering with our existing numbers. And, is just calling Verizon to close our account when the new phones arrive what people generally do?

3. I know AT&T often waives the new customer fee, but I'm assuming this doesn't happen online--any experience getting this taken off after ordering phones?

And, in general, any experience about the process of preordering while switching carriers would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ask AT&T. Complex questions about plans are always going to be answered best by asking the carriers directly.