Switching from a 5" M8 (HTC)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Dec 23, 2014.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Anything smaller then 5" feels a bit too small now, so use to this phone. However I walked into the apple store and held the plus, and it felt too big.

Is it a case of readjustment and will eventually feel normal? Or do any of you find it to be too big regardless of how much time you spend with it?

Thanks guys.

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

It will be individual, but mine did feel more normal after a few weeks. It is still 5.5, you can't change that. But, for me the larger screen for viewing is worth it. Except for iTunes, I manage Music and Photos manually, it is much better than my One S and S4. Very happy with it. :)

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

So I have a 6. I thought the 6+ was too big in the store and bought a 6. Now after I have had the 6 for a couple months, I look at the 6+ and say "well ... its really not that big". So, I think it grows on you. But again, that is just my opinion.

4. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Agreed, 4.95 to 5.2 seems to be the sweet spot.
    And if you can't make enough profit on the sweet spot, just use smaller screens and bigger bezels.

5. kioko91 macrumors regular

kioko91

I went from an M8 to a 6. The 6 was too small and I swapped as soon as a 128gb 6 plus came into my local Apple Store. Haven't looked back. For reference I'm 5' tall with tiny girl hands and I love my plus. The real estate and battery life alone are worth learning to readjust.

6. Bahroo macrumors 68000

you get used to it trust me, at first your like okay it is a big device... but the tapered edges and thinness of it makes it alot better and you get used to it... now i cant picture my self with any device smaller now honestly. if you have semi decent sized hands and are a decent power user of a smartphone, you will get used to it . trust me

the 5.5 inch screen is everything and really is worth it in every single way

7. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Switching from a 5" M8 (HTC)

I still think the 6's are one too small and one too big. I came from a 4.8" Galaxy S3. I immediately went for the Plus, but the size and ergonomics were just too clumsy feeling for me. I switched to the iPhone 6 and I love it. It's the perfect in hand size. If the Plus was the size of the LG G3 I would be using a Plus right now though. The advantages of the Plus are impossible to deny. It's just that it's size gets in the way (for me).

8. Love Divine macrumors member

Switched from a 4.7" HTC One. Little to no adjustment period. I use the phone one handed, and really have no problems. My hands are less than average sized for a guy. After a week of ownership, it doesn't seem "big" at all. Held my old One today and it literally felt like a toy.