Switching from Android to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dav038, Oct 18, 2011.

1. dav038 macrumors newbie

dav038

So, I've been using my Droid Incredible for over a year now and tomorrow I will be upgrading to the iPhone 4s.

What is the easiest way to transfer all of my contacts, calendar info pictures etc. over to my new iPhone??

Any other tips for setting up my new device would be helpful as well...

2. brian2220 macrumors member

brian2220

i just did the same last week

do you have a mac or a pc

3. dav038 thread starter macrumors newbie

dav038

4. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Man that's would be easy just put all your pics on the Mac and use iTunes to sync them with your phones for the calendar and contacts you can use gmail as an exchange account and will pull it from the gmail servers :)

5. brian2220 macrumors member

brian2220

do you currently have all your contacts on google severs or just your phone itself

just export it from google contacts as a card and load it into contacts and sync with iCloud and load your photos in iPhoto

6. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I assume with Android, you are already using Google contacts and calendar? You can just setup Gmail as an exchange account on the iphone and sync all your contacts, calendar and email right away.

7. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

If you are on Verizon you can use their contact transfer app. That is how I transferred my contacts from my dumbphone to my 4S.

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Apple store and I would think others have a machine that will transfer them for you.

9. rpungello macrumors member

This.

Android pretty much requires you to have a Google Account, so I assume all your contacts are already stored in the cloud.
    Just add that account on your iPhone and you're golden.
    I prefer Google Contacts (and Calendar) to iCloud anyways, but that's personal preference.

10. 00trayn macrumors member

I went from a Droid 1 to the iPhone 4S on Friday. I set up an Exchange account and it transferred all of my contacts and calendar over without any trouble (minus the fact that my Dad got removed from my Contacts somehow, hahaha). As for the photos, follow with what was already mentioned. I haven't bothered to transfer what was on my Droid, but I will back it all up to my computer so I have it.

11. caf9128 macrumors member

Not sure that would be considered much of an upgrade. Now the just announced Galaxy Nexus....

12. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

As the others side... I upgraded from my Nexus to a 4s, set up my google account as a Exchange account and all my contacts and calendar came right over. I leave them in the Google Cloud, but there are some threads here about people moving them to iCloud.

Liking the move so far...

13. DaIfoneboss macrumors regular

thats a giant upgrade what are you talking about

14. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Same here. Gmail is my primary email so that's where I need to keep my "master" contact database. Never plan to use the me.com email address so doesn't make sense to store my contacts or calendar in icloud.

15. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

Yep. Same here. Works great. The only thing that I noticed is that when I told Siri which contact was me in my contacts, it copied my contact to iCloud. Just the 1 contact that has my information in it.

16. ryuu55 macrumors newbie

+1, that's what I did. I only have the one contact in icloud, that's me! I love my Gmail (Google apps actually) so, I don't plan on moving from it. Plus, with Google xchg setup I had all contacts, emails & my calender on the iPhone before the at&t rep and finished ringing me up.

17. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

You need to have your contact info in icloud anyway if you want Siri to contact people by relationships, so no big deal.