Switching from IP4 to 3GS (swapping SIM) will there be any issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Juicy D. Links, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

I put my microsim into my 3gs to use for next few days cause Ill be outdoors and do not want to risk damaging new IP4 ....

Tested calls and such and works fine.. Now will there be any issues with ATT by doing this?

Thx in advance.

2. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Not that I can foresee. AT&T could care less, as long as they get paid. Wondering how this works for you, as I'm going camping soon, and have been debating taking my old iPhone, keeping iPhone 4 safe at home.

You know, then again, I bought this thing to use, not keep safe. We'll see. :p

How did sticking the MicroSim from the 4 in the 3GS work? Is it ok? I ordered a little plastic .50 cent Sim adapter off eBay for that. I didn't think it would work to just stick a Sim in a MicroSim slot.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No issues. I did it for a day or 2 with my old 3GS and my i4 sim while using a microsim adapter.
    Without one obviously the microsim wont work on a 3GS.

4. iMikeT macrumors 68020

5. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Ah, ok. You had me going for a second. You said you just put it in, so I was a bit surprised and admittedly happy. Nevertheless, my adapter is coming... in 3 weeks... from Hong Kong... :rolleyes:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced