Switching from iPhone 3G to iPhone 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gbr1ryder, Jun 9, 2009.

1. gbr1ryder macrumors newbie

I never owned the original iPhone so I never had to switch devices to the 3G. Now, with the 3G S coming out what's the protocol when I do purchase the new 3G S? Just connect it to itunes and let it do it's thing? I'm also a mobileme subscriber. Thanks!

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Put your old sim in your new phone, plug in to iTunes and you should be good to go.

3. gbr1ryder thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet! Thanks pretty easy! Thank you!

4. zuniga337 macrumors newbie

Will all the contacts be transferred over with the SIM?

5. gbr1ryder thread starter macrumors newbie

Zuniga,

I know that SIM cards only hold 250 contacts in them, but I don't know how to transfer contacts from the iPhone's memory to the SIM. That's why I have a MobileMe subscription. I suppose I'll just have to insert my SIM and once I connect to iTunes my mobileme "cloud" will push all of the info into my iPhone.

I don't work for Apple or even own my own business, but I have found that using mobileme has been incredibly useful. It's $99/yr which I believe is reasonable to have all contacts, calendar, mail etc saved. It wills flawlessly now. Never had any problems with it.

Hope this helps!

Geoff