Switching from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by texmacs, Mar 3, 2011.

1. texmacs macrumors newbie

I currently have iPhone 3GS with AT&T and I have another line without contract with AT&T that my wife uses. IF I take iPhone 4 on that number with $15 plan and switch SIM card from my iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 and my wife can use my iPhone 3GS. Does that work? I know within same network (AT&T) SIM cards work in different phones. Appreciate you help.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes you can swap SIM cards and the phone will work, but the iPhone 4 uses the new Micro-SIM card wile the iPhone 3GS still uses the regular SIM card, so you'll have to go down to AT&T and have them Swap the SIM cards for you.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You could ask AT&T for a new micro SIM. They'll probably charge you for it though. Never hurts to ask.

If anything, you can always just get a SIM cutter and shave it down yourself.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

to get a new SIM card is free and generally your in and out in 5-10 minutes.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Not always. Depends on whether you're signing a contract. That and it differs from store to store. Corporate stores will probably give it to you for free, but only if your old one is malfunctioning. A lot of those independently-owned AT&T stores will charge you for it.

That's been my experience.