Switching from iPhone 5 to S4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Daniel212, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Daniel212 macrumors member

Hey guys I just recently sold my iPhone 5 to some guy I know and I plan on buying the samsung galaxy s4 on eBay. My sister told me I have to call AT&T switch the imei #. And is iPhone data the same as other smartphones? Like for example if you put your sim card in a iPhone it charges $30 a month for it. Would it be the same for the s4? And do I really have do any of this, I just wanted to sell my iPhone 5, buy the s4 on eBay, pop my sim in and be good to go.

2. AshtonTS macrumors member

No need to switch the IMEI. That's only for old Verizon 3G phones. And iPhone data plans are the same as android data plans afaik. Good luck with your S4, I hear it's a great phone.

3. studmule macrumors regular

When I had my S3, I was able to use my iphone 5 sim in it with a nano to micro sim adapter. The iPhone 5 data plan worked fine in the S3. If you get a sim adapter, I bet your sim will work just fine in your S4.

4. Daniel212 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies, and funny story is when I bought the s4 on eBay, the seller told me he already sold the phone outside of eBay. Got disapointed, so I bought the htc one and I have to say I love it, lol save $100 also

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The HTC One blows away the S4 on just about every level anyway. It worked out better for you.

6. g35 macrumors 6502a

Enjoy your new phone and big screen :)

7. Daniel212 thread starter macrumors member

Loving it man. Rooted it and install cyanogen rom and the best phone in my opinion, lol I have another issue. My brother wants to sell his iPhone 5 but the lock button is mess up like you have to press on the left side pretty hard to get it working. And he wants to bring it to the apple store to see can they fix it. He bought the phone on nov. 4. So he is under warranty right? And will there be any issues with the apple store?

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Should be. See here to verify: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

9. Daniel212 thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys I'm back but with another question. Can I keep my unlimited data if I switch from my HTC one to my iPhone 3GS? I'm on at&t. I plan on upgrading to the iPhone 6 whenever its release, but until then, is it ok for me to switch to my iPhone 3GS from my HTC one? I really miss ios, lol and I plan to sell my HTC one. Thanks :)

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I've always just switched SIM cards. I don't think ATT gives a hoot whether or not you even have a phone connected to each line, as long as they see their monthly payment. I too, switched to an S4 last July after having every version of iPhone since day one. Love a lot about droid, but the 5s really is outstanding most regards except screen size for me.

11. Daniel212, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

Daniel212 thread starter macrumors member