Switching from iPhone 6 to 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoneApple, Sep 13, 2014.

1. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

I ordered an iPhone 6 thinking that the plus might be too big, but after playing with a Note, I've been thinking about switching. Typically though, it seems like it will be near impossible to cancel and place a new order and get it on 9/19.

How hard would it be to change the 6 I pre-ordered with a 6+ during the return period?

And does anyone think it would be hard to use a 6+ while exercising?

2. moneyman76542 macrumors newbie

moneyman76542

I managed to Pre-Order the iPhone 6 Plus and will be receiving it on Launch Day. but anywho, i have thought about that scenario to cause i like to run occasionally. Yes, it will be harder to exercise with it if you hold it by hand but an easy way to remedy this is by getting an arm band or a hydration belt

3. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

I normally just keep my phone in my pocket so I'm thinking it should be fine if I go all the way to the 6+. I'm just unsure if I'll be able to switch phones during the warranty period.

4. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Swap in store once received.

5. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Should I try and call ahead to ask? Can I call Apple and request to change my order?

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Easier said than done if they're out of stock and on backorder.

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

this. if they don't have stock to sell, then they won't have stock to exchange.

8. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you think stores will have extra stock if I already have the 6 pre ordered and just try to switch phones?

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my opinion? i doubt it. just like the preorders, i think the first models to sell out the morning of the 19th will be the 6 plus. and if they're out, they're out.

10. moneyman76542 macrumors newbie

moneyman76542

You never ran in gym shorts huh? :p my iPhone bounces around when in my pocket making it hard for me to run hahaha

11. djake80 macrumors member

The size doesn't really matter when exercising; it's more the weight. I've worked out with my Note 2/3 and it's not that bad. Running kind of sucks but I have a Garmin GPS watch to track that. When I cycle, there's a back pocket in my jersey that I keep it secured in. As far as the gym goes, I have bluetooth headphones so I can place my phone down at the bench/machine I'm using and never have to touch it.

12. scottw324 macrumors 6502

I use a holster clip type case for my iP5 now when running. Works fine for me. I plan on doing the same with the iP6+ that I have on order. I run 4-5 days a week in some nike running shorts and underarmor shirts. So far no problems.

13. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I've used a SpiBelt in the past when I need to run with my phone. It works pretty well. Made of lycra and is pretty stretchy. It'll be interesting to see if the 6 Plus even fits in it, but I'm gonna try.

14. adamtarrence macrumors newbie

Any chance you could post a pic? I'm interested in solving this problem as well since I'm not sure an armband is going to cut it this time around. I have the jaybird freedom Bluetooth headphones that I run with but the Bluetooth range on them is horrid and they cut out if the phone isn't on my right arm. I was considering one of those belts for the 6+ but I'm not sure the headphones are going to work.

15. Downs2011 macrumors regular

16. scottw324 macrumors 6502

This is for the 6+. I bought it for workout days.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M086W98/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3LVGRRLGAU2I7&coliid=I399YDREIRZ8DP&psc=1

I use something similiar for my iPhone 5 right now.
    http://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Holster-Kick-Stand-Verizon-T-Mobile/dp/B009E87SD6/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1410700331&sr=1-1&keywords=iPhone+5+holster

It works for me and my routine. Otherwise, a fuel belt and a holster or pocket for the phone would work as well. That is what I did for two marathons and a few halfs. I used an otterbox case and holster during those times with my iP4.

I also purchased this, so going to see if it will fit in the holster as well so I don't have to keep switching cases.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH82VQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

----------

I was thinking of getting this as well. May wait though to see how the holster option I posted below works out. Not a huge fan anymore of the arm band versions. It is my backup option for the moment.

17. leenak macrumors 68020

I use a spibelt for my iphone at the gym but I also ordered the 6 so I don't think it'll be an issue.

18. scottw324 macrumors 6502

The new "Fannypack" but streamlined.

Attached Files: