Switching From Jaguar & Tiger Back And Forth

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by uraniumwilly, Apr 8, 2007.

1. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

I searched macrumors on: "switching from 10.4 to 10.3" but found no hits that fit the question: Is there a utility somewhere that allows me to quickly and safely switch from Jaguar to Tiger?

2nd part of the question: If there is no utility and I load 10.3 on one partition, or one separate drive, then 10.4 on another drive/partition are there any technical problems to be wary of? Or, is this just a bad idea?

The reason I wish to do this is: I want to run one audio rig (pro tools mix) that is not compatible with Tiger and then switch up to Tiger on occasion to perform some other tasks in Tiger, then switch back to Jaguar, etc., etc.;

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

You'd just need to select your startup volume each time you wanted to switch to boot. Off hand, I'm not aware of any program that allows this.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You should be able to have them on different partitions (or disks) and then when you boot up, hold OPTION to be given a choice of which OS to use. Unfortunately, this'll require a restart each time though. :)