Switching from MBA to 2011 iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Blazer5913, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

So today I will be making the switch from a 2010 rev.B MacBook Air to a 27" 2011 newest generation iMac. I have absolutely loved my MacBook Air and have no regrets with it in any way; however, I will be starting medical school in August and the schools requires a PC Laptop for their curriculum, which they also build into the tuition (no getting around it). So in my mind, its pointless to have the MacBook Air, a Lenovo Thinkpad, as well as an iPad 1st gen. So my question is will I notice a HUGE/NOTICEABLE difference in parting with the SSD on my MBA? I am getting the 27" 2.7ghz i5 model, 4gb RAM, and 1Tb 7200rpm HDD. Obviously the screen real estate is fantastic coming from a 13" with no external display. And the processor is fantastic upgrade from a C2Duo. And the 128gb -> 1TB speaks for itself, but my only concern is missing that SSD. Man that thing was nice and snappy, but if its only a matter of a second or halfsecond in opening apps/documents, I think I will be okay haha. Thanks guys

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You will notice a difference but it's easy to live with it. I have a MBA with SSD and an iMac with HD but I can't say the HD bugs me too much. You can always think about an external SSD once TB enclosures arrive.

3. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

i have both and love both..(both are newest revs)..not a big noticeable difference at all between my mba ssd and imac hd