Switching From Parallels to Bootcamp-possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dobiewonkanobie, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Dobiewonkanobie macrumors regular

The single app I run in Windows (Solidworks) keeps crashing/freezing my entire system, and runs slow when it does work (I have it set up biased to the Win OS). I think more RAM (4GB) would solve this(?), but I won't get around to do that for a little while. From reading other posts, I think running Bootcamp might solve my problems in the meantime. I am wondering if there is an easy way to remove Parallels and switch to Bootcamp without uninstalling/reinstalling Windows and my app? Any help?

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

if u have a bootcamp with xp and then try and use parallels..it screws the bootcamp partion so dont do this

use VM WARE

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It doesn't break everyone's Bootcamp partition just because you have had a problem.

I've had no problems with Parallels using Windows loaded on a Bootcamp partition and I know other people who are using it too.

4. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I have XP Pro SP2 running on a bootcamp partition. I access it from both Parallels and Fusion without problem. While I do prefer Fusion, I have never known Parallels to cause any problem with a bootcamp partition or Windows installation.

As for the OP's question, I do not know of any way to move a Parallels setup to a bootcamp partition, since you have to go through the Windows install procedure to get bootcamp running in the first place.