Switching from Parallel's to BootCamp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kiblez, Nov 29, 2007.

1. kiblez macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I switched to Leopard about a month ago and have been trying to figure out how to switch to BootCamp. While using 10.4, I was using Parallel's and it was working fine. Once, I switched to 10.5, Parallel's no longer works and I assume that's because of BootCamp. I want to switch from Parallel's to BootCamp but, if possible, without going through the process of installing Windows XP [again]. Does anybody know of any way this is possible? Let me know. Thanks.

Ross

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Which version of Paralles?

Did you try reinstalling it?

How did you come to this conclusion? :confused:

3. walnuts macrumors 6502

I had similar issues with Parallels and leopard. I had to reinstall parallels, then got a kernal panic error, and ever since it has been working fine (and by fine I mean slowly and with a few bugs that may be due to parallels alone)

I don't think that bootcamp in and of itself should affect parallels whatsover, except if you are using parallels to run a boot camp partition. If you aren't actually using boot camp for anything, shouldn't it not affect anything?

It would be really interesting if you could turn a parallels vm into a boot camp partition. Sometimes parallels is iffy, and it would be nice to just run windows directly to ensure reliability when you really need it.