switching from regular (4''7) iPhone to the iPhone 7 Plus. please share!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geert76, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Geert76, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

Geert76 macrumors 65816

For people who are coming from regular (4''7) iPhones in the past and now changing to the iPhone 7 Plus.

How is your experience so far? f.e. ergonomics?
    How long did it take you to adapt to the new weight/size of the 7 Plus?

please share your experiences! thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. BigDO macrumors 6502

BigDO

You adapt quickly, as in get used to it. It never really stops being a pain in the butt to carry, take out of your pocket every time you sit, or use one handed.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The Plus has so much more to offer with battery life, landscape/portrait mode, 1080 P resolution and the dual camera. There is an adjustment, but like anything, you will adjust.

5. Kahsheh macrumors regular

Go for it. I had the 6+, 6s+ then went to 6s (for a few months) then back to 7+. I missed the big screen and landscape feature. The plus has better battery life which is what I need.

6. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I had a 6, then a 6S, and now a 7 Plus. It only took me a day or two to adjust to the ergonomics of the bigger size. I use the phone without a case and I haven't dropped it yet (the one time it fell on the floor.. it was knocked from a table, in its case!) I love it. Very easy to use and the screen is just so much better.

7. Geert76, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

Geert76 thread starter macrumors 65816

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

The 6+ was annoying but I won't lie I kinda miss the screen size one month into my 7 ownership.

9. shiftywxm macrumors member

I remember when the plus first came out, I had a 6 and a friend got the 6 plus. The first time I saw the 6 plus I thought it was too big. When the 6s came out, I decided to go for the plus size due to the extra battery life and better camera. Within a few weeks, the size just seemed natural and now I wouldn't go back to the smaller size willingly.

10. Moakesy macrumors regular

Moakesy

Stepped up to the 7+ after years of dismissing the plus as being too big. Main reason was the dual camera, but my opinion was slowly turning around anyway....guess I'd just got used to seeing them around.

Wish I'd done it years ago and zero regrets. Best thing is battery life. I just don't bother charging it every night now, sometimes can get three days out of it despite using it for work calls. When I use my girlfriends 6, it seems really tiny now. Also, I have big hands so typing etc not an issue.

When I was waiting for the 7plus to arrive, I was a little concerned I wouldn't like it and maybe I'd made a mistake. Couldn't have been further from the truth....I love it.

11. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

It took me about a week to get used to it. I have pretty small hands, so my thumb would hurt when I held it to my ear as a phone. But I loved the camera and watching videos on a bigger screen so I stuck with it. Now when I use my mom and spouse's 7 phones, they seem tiny. I ended up getting used to holding the phone with my pinky underneath and fingers curved on calls so it doesn't hurt any more. I am now a plus convert and couldn't go back.

12. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I've done it after swearing that the plus was too big. But once I got it and tried it out, I got used to it very quickly. Even with the 4.7" I wasn't really able to type one handed so that isn't exactly something I miss.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You adapt very quickly. Would never leave the Plus sizes.

You can read all you want but getting one and using it for a few days is the only way to know if it is for you. Just make sure you return within the 14 days

14. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 65816

haha that pinky-tip is a good one! thanks :)

15. JonnyRotten macrumors newbie

JonnyRotten

I just switched to the 6S+ from a 6S because I wanted a bigger view. I don't always drag my reading glasses around with me everywhere I go so the 6S+ with the extra size is great.
    I also got used to having a bigger phone really quickly as everyone else mentioned. It's big but not too big.
    The extra battery life and better video are a bonus as well.
    Now the 6S looks and feels tiny to me. Lol
    I wouldn't go back to the smaller phone willingly now.

16. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I am using plus models from two years now the main reason for me to pick plus over regular was longer battery life and 1080p display