Switching from Tiger to Leopard with Mac mini (Sims 3 related)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alibarbedwire, Apr 16, 2009.

1. alibarbedwire macrumors newbie

I'm interested in getting larger memory for my Tiger 10.4.11 iMac but I don't want to buy a new iMac or iBook. Also, I noticed that the Sims 3 is only compatible with Leopard. Would it be possible to link up a Mac mini to my iMac and install/run the Sims 3 and iLife '09 without clogging up my iMac too much? Any tips or assistance would be gratefully received.

2. alibarbedwire thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there really no one who can tell me if I can run a mac mini in conjunction with my iMac?

3. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure I understand what you want. I'm going to take a stab, but with tons of assumptions, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

It sounds like you want to buy a Mini to run the Sims, but not get a monitor, and have the Mini display on your iMac. Yes, that is possible, but: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=700600. I don't think it makes sense, though.

Depending on which iMac you have, better options might be to get more RAM and a bigger hard drive and upgrade to Leopard, or just buy a refurb mini and new monitor.