Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Hi, I'm going to be switching from Verizon here soon and a while back someone mentioned being able to switch because of a change in the administrative charges on the bill. (in january it was $.40 and now its $.70). The last person to do this got out of there contract ETF free. I plan on doing the same thing and was wondering, do you think Verizon will still let me port over my numbers to ATT?

And also, because the AT&T stores don't have iphones currently and the apple store nearest doesn't have them yet, should i just sign up and get a regular through around phone for when i go to the beach and stuff, and then when i get the iphone i'll just say im an exsiting customer and have my number changed to that sim card?

Thanks so much for all your guy's help!

makismagoo99

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2006
Let me know how that ETF-free cancellation goes. I am in the same boat as far as being stuck in a contract with Verizon. As far as the porting your number goes, AFAIK the number is yours to take wherever you please. That was the whole purpose of the law. The one thing I don't know is if its better to cancel the contract first, or just activate the iPhone first and then take care of the ETF.

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Let me know how that ETF-free cancellation goes. I am in the same boat as far as being stuck in a contract with Verizon. As far as the porting your number goes, AFAIK the number is yours to take wherever you please. That was the whole purpose of the law. The one thing I don't know is if its better to cancel the contract first, or just activate the iPhone first and then take care of the ETF.

Ya i was thinking about that, and if i get the iphone before canceling verizon, i'm worried they'll charge me the ETF and then i won't be able to get out of it. But i will def let you no how it goes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.