Switching from Verizon to AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHuntr, Jun 22, 2010.

1. iHuntr macrumors newbie

Ok, so I am switching to AT&T from Verizon to get the iPhone 4 and I am wondering what I need.

1) I am on a family plan with 5 people and would like to take me and someone else off to start the AT&T plan.
    2) What info do I need to switch? EX. SSN, Billing info etc
    3) What kind of discount do I get with bundled billing? I have ATT Uverse and home phone.

Thanks!!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Well it seems that is better for you to call AT&T directly.
    The only thing I can recommend is the 1400 minutes family plan that includes the A-list, these are any other carriers' phone numbers that you can do unlimited calls, very handy for your switch, so you can call them without paying extra.

3. iHuntr thread starter macrumors newbie

OK I think I will. The A-list looked like a big deal since I can call me family on the Verizon plan for free. thanks for your input!!

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you plan on trying to get a phone on Thurs do yourself a favor and get into an ATT store (company owned) before Thurs. and get your credit check done and acct. set up. This will save you tons of time on Thurs. You can port your phone# later. Also I think there is a limit of 2 iPhones on a family plan. Don't know for sure but I think that is what I read.

I don't think you get any discount on your cell phone acct, but I do think you get a small discount on your home phone acct. I think my parents get $5 off or something. I live in Verizonland so don't know the exact discount, just recall what my dad was telling me.

5. iHuntr thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I set up an account without having any phones? I plan on going to Walmart on Thursday to get the phone and set up my acct.

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Maybe you can get one os those free phones they offer once you commit for the 2 year contract, so it will be the one you left at home at the end.

7. iHuntr thread starter macrumors newbie

Shouldn't I be able to go into Walmart on Thursday and set up my new account, transfer the numbers and get my iPhone then?