Switching from Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pantocrator, May 11, 2008.

1. Pantocrator macrumors member

Hey, I am trying to convince my family to switch to ATT so I can get an iphone, but I have some questions. I will be waiting until the new iphone ships, and I have heard rumors that it might be lower cost with a 2 year plan (ATT subsidizing the cost) Is this because the new iphone will no longer be ATT only? I would switch to whichever carrier is best, of course, I am apathetic towards ATT. Also, is it 20 bucks a month per iphone, or 20 bucks total just for all iphone plans (other people might get an iphone). also, can the SMS texts be used by all phones in the plan or just the iphones?

Any hints on how to get out of a Verizon plan a year early? can I sell a Verizon LG 8600, 2 8300s and a RZR for anything? I don't want to take a hit here really bad. Also, any tips for great free phones from ATT for the rest of the family?

PS forgot, is the camera on the iphone (or is it speculated for the gen 2) video or photo only?

2. Pantocrator thread starter macrumors member

Bump, there are 90 views, someone must have an answer to something.

3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Ok... well I too am doing the same. I started a thread a couple days ago about me trying to end my contract earlier, etc. One good thing to know is when did you sign your contract ? If you signed it AFTER November 16, 2006 you're in luck ! As long as you signed it after that date then every month they take $5 off your termination fee which starts at $175. I unfortunately signed mine a whole 8 DAYS before this which really mad me mad. I hope this helps and good luck to us (hopefully) with out new iPhones in the coming weeks.

O and also... you could get some money for those phones too and pay for the termination fee with that extra cash. I'm selling my KRZR and ipod touch to get rid of my Verizon contract and help pay for the new iPhone. Good luck and let me know how things are going.

4. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

my family made the switch from verizon to att for the iphone and I can tell you that you can definetely get something for your old phones..i sold all 6 of my families old phones and all of them went for over $50 (4 were razrs)

5. yayaba macrumors 6502

1) It's 20 bucks a month for data PER iPhone. Each iPhone has it's own text plan. So if you want unlimited text for two iphones, it's $20 EACH ($40 total for text for 2 iPhones, $80 for data and text for 2 iPhones on top of the voice (starting at $40) you'll have to pay). Hope that wasn't too confusing.

2) The camera for gen 1 is photo only. Who knows what it will be for gen 2.

6. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Course that's been easily fixed by software =P.

7. Pantocrator thread starter macrumors member

Where did you make the sales? Ebay? or to Verizon itself??
    I think I understood your answer... its simply 20 bucks (which includes 200 txt and unl data) per iphone, but the txts can be used by all phones in the party.