Switching Icon Problem...I figured it out! (jailbroken phones only)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Aug 7, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Now I don't know if this is going to work for everyone or not, but I'll explain how I corrected the problem and hopefully it will work for you too.....

Ever since 3.0 when I restart or do a hard reboot my recently installed applications/icons switch with other ones I have on my phone, or have previously had on my phone.....it bugs the hell out of me!

I've tried everything, delete them from the iphone itself and reinstall through the app store. I've tried taking the apps off through itunes and reinstalling through itunes....all with no luck and the same exact thing happen the next time I reboot.

Finally I tried the following method and it worked perfectly for me everytime now (NOTE: you must be jailbroken and have SBSettings for this to work)

1)once your icons are messed up with other ones, uninstall them...then reinstall them so they are all correct and perfectly matched with eachother.

2)next, open up sbsettings and hit the respring button, let the phone boot up, then press the power button inside sbsettings and select Reboot.

3)Now you should be able to power your iphone on and off or do a hard reset without the icons ever switching again.....

Mind you when you install a new app, you're probably going to have to go through this process all over again. It's very easy and only takes a couple of minutes.

I truly hope this helps out anyone who is as frustrated as I am over my icons switching.

Best of luck guys, and please let me know if this method works for you or has shown no difference at all.

Thanks again....

James

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

...or stop hard-resetting your iPhone. :confused:

I've only ever hard-reset my iPhone running 3.0 once. It actually didn't screw up my icons, but I was not jailbroken.

Oh well. Thanks for the tip anyways.