Switching iPhones- service question.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jphilippon, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Jphilippon macrumors member

I have an iPhone 3G, ($15/mo data, unltd msg, ???? minutes) and I was wondering if I got an iPhone 4, what would I need to do [what would be the cost] of switching my plan over? Would there be a new activation fee? Anything?

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

If you are eligible for the fully discounted iPhone4...all you pay for is the 18$ upgrade fee with AT&T (you didn't mention who is your carrier)...if you call their customer service you can get it waived as well if you are a premium customer...

-J.-

3. Jphilippon thread starter macrumors member

My mom is the account holder and it's a business-something plan, and sorry, my carrier is AT&T. I say this considering the situation where I buy an iPhone4 outside of ATT/Apple. (ebay or other online store)

Don't iPhone 4s not have a sim card bay? So i'd have to go to ATT and pay $18 only?

4. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

They use a smaller sim card a "micro sim"...so yes you will have to get one from AT&T...not sure what they will charge you but it will probably be around that amount of the upgrade fee...

Are you eligible to buy from AT&T with discounted $199 and $299 rates? Buying outside of AT&T will cost you a lot more for an iPhone4...

-J.-