Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geeshiet

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2014
I have a gold iPhone 5s for T-Mobile and was wondering if I can switch to a different color, specifically the space grey one. Is it possible? I had this phone for about 7-8 months already, still in good condition. I took really good care of it.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I have a gold iPhone 5s for T-Mobile and was wondering if I can switch to a different color, specifically the space grey one. Is it possible? I had this phone for about 7-8 months already, still in good condition. I took really good care of it.

It is possible to switch the phone that you use. I would suggest selling the gold and buying a used space grey.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Like the other post, you would need to sell it and buy another. Apple or T-Mo will not do it for free.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010

Is this for real?

8 month old phone, wants to turn it in and get another one. Really?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I have Verizon. If I do sell it don't I have to tell them the new imei for the for the other phone that I get

I think you do have to call Verizon when you switch phones. I only used Verizon for a year when I finally dumped them because of poor signal in my area.

The iPhone I did use with them, I bought at BestBuy. I went in a week later to exchange it for a higher capacity model. They had to call Verizon to switch the service over to the new phone.

With AT&T and T-Mobile, you just swap sims and you are good to go.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2013
I think you do have to call Verizon when you switch phones. I only used Verizon for a year when I finally dumped them because of poor signal in my area.

The iPhone I did use with them, I bought at BestBuy. I went in a week later to exchange it for a higher capacity model. They had to call Verizon to switch the service over to the new phone.

With AT&T and T-Mobile, you just swap sims and you are good to go.

Do they charge you or no?

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2013
To switch service to a new phone, no. You bought yours in December so you can't simply exchange it. You need to sell it and then buy a new one.

Should I buy a new one first then sell my other one since I have to call them and transfer service

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Should I buy a new one first then sell my other one since I have to call them and transfer service

If this is your only phone then yes. I would buy the new one first and then sell the old one. I normally do that myself when I buy a new one no matter how many phones I have.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2013
One last question when I sell my old phone can whoever buys it just pops in a sim and it works no need to call or anything I don't wanna have any problems

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
One last question when I sell my old phone can whoever buys it just pops in a sim and it works no need to call or anything I don't wanna have any problems

How many times has this been answered already???? YES!!! Just make sure you remove the iCloud account from the phone and turn off Find My iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.