Switching iPhones?

geeshiet

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2014
I have a gold iPhone 5s for T-Mobile and was wondering if I can switch to a different color, specifically the space grey one. Is it possible? I had this phone for about 7-8 months already, still in good condition. I took really good care of it.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I have a gold iPhone 5s for T-Mobile and was wondering if I can switch to a different color, specifically the space grey one. Is it possible? I had this phone for about 7-8 months already, still in good condition. I took really good care of it.
It is possible to switch the phone that you use. I would suggest selling the gold and buying a used space grey.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Like the other post, you would need to sell it and buy another. Apple or T-Mo will not do it for free.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Is this for real?

8 month old phone, wants to turn it in and get another one. Really?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I have Verizon. If I do sell it don't I have to tell them the new imei for the for the other phone that I get
I think you do have to call Verizon when you switch phones. I only used Verizon for a year when I finally dumped them because of poor signal in my area.

The iPhone I did use with them, I bought at BestBuy. I went in a week later to exchange it for a higher capacity model. They had to call Verizon to switch the service over to the new phone.

With AT&T and T-Mobile, you just swap sims and you are good to go.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2013
I think you do have to call Verizon when you switch phones. I only used Verizon for a year when I finally dumped them because of poor signal in my area.

The iPhone I did use with them, I bought at BestBuy. I went in a week later to exchange it for a higher capacity model. They had to call Verizon to switch the service over to the new phone.

With AT&T and T-Mobile, you just swap sims and you are good to go.

Do they charge you or no?

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2013
To switch service to a new phone, no. You bought yours in December so you can't simply exchange it. You need to sell it and then buy a new one.

Should I buy a new one first then sell my other one since I have to call them and transfer service

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Should I buy a new one first then sell my other one since I have to call them and transfer service
If this is your only phone then yes. I would buy the new one first and then sell the old one. I normally do that myself when I buy a new one no matter how many phones I have.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2013
One last question when I sell my old phone can whoever buys it just pops in a sim and it works no need to call or anything I don't wanna have any problems

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
One last question when I sell my old phone can whoever buys it just pops in a sim and it works no need to call or anything I don't wanna have any problems

How many times has this been answered already???? YES!!! Just make sure you remove the iCloud account from the phone and turn off Find My iPhone.