Switching iPod Nano from Mac to PC?

matt3180

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
I recently reset my sister's iPod because she forgot her volume limit combination and wanted to change it. Now, I restored the iPod as per the instructions on the Apple Docs website, but I did it from my computer(a MacBook). Now the iPod thinks it's in Macintosh format and won't pick up on the Windows PC. I tried running the iPod setup on the Windows PC and it didn't help. Any ideas as to how to make it work on the Windows Machine again?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
matt3180 said:
I recently reset my sister's iPod because she forgot her volume limit combination and wanted to change it. Now, I restored the iPod as per the instructions on the Apple Docs website, but I did it from my computer(a MacBook). Now the iPod thinks it's in Macintosh format and won't pick up on the Windows PC. I tried running the iPod setup on the Windows PC and it didn't help. Any ideas as to how to make it work on the Windows Machine again?
You have two options, one is a coster, and one is free,

The free option is to reformat it with the iPod software, or with iTunes 7.

The coster is to buy Xplay for $30 (you can get a free trial too)

You can download a free trial of xPlay to copy your music off your iPod first though if you want to reformat.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
after reading your post properly: did windows detect the iPod when you connected it and offer you the option to reformat it?