Switching iTunes account ON the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Feb 15, 2009.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Hey everyone, you know how when you are logged in in the iTunes Store and the account also goes to your iPhone when you sync? Well is there anyway to switch accounts on the iPhone instead of having to connect to iTunes?

My account is now on my friend's phone and they are gonna be in another state, so is there anything they can do?

2. petemwah macrumors regular

nope, as far as i'm aware the only thing they can do is log into their account on any computer with itunes and then sync the phone with that computer... before now what's happened for me is that the iphone has reset itself and lost the account info, in that case it's then possible to enter a username/password, but unless that happens (and i don't know how to make it happen) then syncing with another comp is the only way...

3. bstpierre macrumors 6502

When I try to buy something on the App store it asks for my password. If I enter the password wrong it comes up with a dialog box that allows me to put in both the username and password. You can enter in a different account at that time.

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

That's great to know, thanks. :)

5. petemwah macrumors regular

for me this doesn't happen, it just says that i've entered the wrong password too many times and to connect to itunes application store on my computer.

6. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

same here... i wish there was a way, because me and my girlfriend switch back and forth at times.

7. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah that method definitely didn't work.. oh well =/

thanks for the responses