Switching iTunes E-mails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyeris, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I've googled this for the past 30 minutes and searched for it on the forums.

I recently switched from gmail to mobileme for push e-mail. All of my music, tv shows, and movies are all registered to my gmail iTunes account.

Is it possible to switch all of this content to my mobileme account?

2. Kyeris thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn't get any more straight forward then that. Thanks

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Except that it's wrong. My ISP changed my email address and I can tell you from personal experience that you can change the email address purchased content is registered to.
    In iTunes go to the store, and in the top right corner there should be a button with either your account email in it, or the words 'Sign In'. Click this button to log into your account. After logging in you will have the option to change your account information. Change your email address and submit.
    I also took the added step of going to apple.com and changing the email associated with my Apple ID as well. At this point you should be able to deauthorize your computer and then re-authorize using the new email address.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, you can change the email, but not to a me.com address

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

After a little experiment, I think I understand now. Apple apparently automatically creates an inactive iTunes account when you start a MobileMe account. Therefore you can't change your iTunes account address to one for an "existing" account.

I guess that makes sense. :cool:

6. Kyeris thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly. I changed it before, but it wasn't to a .mac account. I'm tempted to contact Apple but I'm not sure if that would do me any good.