Switching iTunes Libraries is no Longer Working

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by mrCrumbSnatcher, Feb 28, 2017.

1. mrCrumbSnatcher macrumors newbie

Hello,

Having an issue. I remote into my Mac Mini (macOS Sierra).... I hold down the option key and press the iTunes icon, I no longer get the pop up with the option to switch/create new libraries. It just opens up iTunes without any prompts.

• Not sure when this exactly happened, but it was within the last month or so. Used to work fine.
    • My option key works fine. When i type option "Q" (locally and remotely) I get "œ" in both environments.
    • I restarted my machine - still the same result.
    • Tried Disk Repair.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

See if it works when opening iTunes from the Applications folder in Finder.

3. mrCrumbSnatcher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion - I actually tried that as well, but same result.

4. Lunder89 macrumors 6502

Lunder89

Do you have some software interferring with your keyboard shortcuts. I just tried holding down option on my Mac, and the dialog appears here. I am running latest macOS and iTunes (no betas).

5. mrCrumbSnatcher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response. I don't think any software is interfering. As mentioned, when I hold down the option key and press the "Q" key - it types a special symbol... so that indicates the option key is working.

6. mrCrumbSnatcher thread starter macrumors newbie

FYI - Seems to be Remote Login related. Ended up plugging in a keyboard and mouse and it worked as expected. I think I recall that apple released a remote desktop update within the last month or so, I think it's related to that. When I access the server with straight VNC or the software Jump Desktop, the Option key does not work with opening iTunes. As mentioned easier, the option key does work with other activities.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 4, 2017 ---
    And sure enough - just looked at the app store update history and on Feb 22nd Remote Desktop Client version 3.9 was installed.