Switching Phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Malivar, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Malivar macrumors member

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I don't usually look at this part of the forum :p

I wanted to know, if I have an iPhone 3G and the new iPhone comes out and I want to buy it, can I switch my iPhone 3G contract over the new iPhone?

Thanks.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They allowed it when the 3G came out because most people didn't buy the original subsidized. However, the 3G is subsidized, so there may be a problem unless you are 18 month (on at&t) into your contract, or they may allow for the upgrade at a higher price. Most of that depends on the carrier. Then again, there is no guarantee that you'll want to upgrade, or that one is coming.

TEG

3. Malivar thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much. ^_^

4. ryvetted macrumors member

I've got 1G 8G, and want the 3G when 3.0 comes out.
    If they come out with a new model at the same time as 3.0, what would be the wisest thing to do...buy it right away or wait? Is it likely the price will drop on the new phone? Or because it subsidized now, not very likely?

5. Malivar thread starter macrumors member

I also want to ask, is it possible to switch from a 8GB iPhone 3G to a 16GB iPhone 3G?

6. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Possible to Switch from an 8GB to a 16GB?? i dont understand your question?? ofcoarse its POSSIBLE...

7. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

Nope, but you can buy a 16GB for $499, NON subsidized pricing. Then you can I guess sell the 8GB, but they won't switch em out and charge you $100. I wish.