Switching Sim Cards

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jeffreyj900, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jeffreyj900 macrumors newbie

Got my IPhone 2g jailbroken and unlocked with the 3.0 OS using the Pwnage tool. Couple of questions:

1. Any way to verify the phone is unlocked other than putting a SIM in it. I wouldn't have one from another carrier. Just paranoid I suppose, as I followed the direction and watched bootneuter go through it's paces as the phone was flashed with the new custom firmware.
    2. If I sell it, is it as easy as someone putting their T-Mobile SIM in it. Is there anything I would have to tell them to do. I saw there are some APN settings that need to be made from T-Mobile. Anything other than that.

I have searched, but to no avail. Essentially, I want to sell it, making sure it is unlocked, and what to tell the buyer they need to do if anything.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Knolly macrumors 6502a

1. Nope. If you did everything you really should be fine, but trying it out is really the only way to be "sure."
    2. Put your SIM in it and it'll work as a phone. They may have to adjust the APN settings you mentioned depending on their account type, but it is usually a quick call to CS for the correct settings and then smooth sailing from there.

For #1 I would just try to find a friend with T-Mobile or something and slap their SIM in your phone really fast, but like I said, if you followed all of the necessary steps, you should be fine.

3. jeffreyj900 thread starter macrumors newbie