Switching SIM from non-iPhone TO iPhone 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EMILinator, Jun 16, 2009.

1. EMILinator macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    So my brother was eligible for the upgrade on our family plan, not me. He's gonna give me the upgrade.

I pre-ordered it already on Apple.com. But I'm pretty sure the iPhone data plan is under HIS number.

How do I go about this? Can I just switch the additional $30 rate plan to my number? Or do I have to ADD it to my number, then just CANCEL it under his? Meaning we'll have TWO iPhone rate plans at the same time until I cancel it under his.... :confused:

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Why would you cancel his? Is he getting rid of his iPhone?

And eventhough your thread body has nothing to do with the subject I'll address your subject as well. The iPhone comes with it's own SIM card, so all you need to do is put your current SIM in the new iPhone, transfer your contacts, take it out, put the SIM that comes with the new iPhone into the iPhone, then activate.

3. EMILinator thread starter macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    I think you misunderstood my post...

He's eligible for the upgrade, but he's giving the iPhone to me. But when he upgrades, he has to upgrade under his number, so that means the $30 rate plan is going under his number.

You're saying by simply switching the SIM cards, my number will get the rate plan?

4. pine4460 macrumors newbie

Did you ever get an answer? I'm in the same situation and would like to know how you got it sorted out. Thanks

5. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

im doing the same thing att said they would handle it all for me

im going tomorrow to pick it up ill try to let you know if i remember

i am taking all the phones invoved with me though if that helps